Friday, April 17, 2009

The Pickup Artist

What girl in SL hasn't had this happen: You are out with friends, or by yourself, even. All of a sudden, out of the blue, you get a private message: "Hi"
Ummm, "Hello," I'll usually answer; I won't get rude until things begin to deteriorate. Then it begins: "How r u?" or How old r u?" Uh-huh... here we go.

First off, I don't do text chat. I'm rather adept at typing, and as for text messaging, I have a full-keyboard Blackberry 8900, so I really have no need for the dumb text shortcuts. Besides, it's all rather childish. This is always a negative in my book when things start out this way.

Many times, they aren't even within eyesight. What is with this cowardly approach? Sometimes they will just offer friendship, without even a word. Easy to do, right? Just as easy to reject. CLICK... done. I do recall having one continue to badger me, all while I was trying to shop. I would reject the offer, and he'd resend it. I finally had to come up with some sort of implied insult to make him leave me alone, and of course right away I'm the jerk. How is that... I'm here trying to shop, and he is in a LADIES' store trying to hit on everything he sees?? Nice.

Ah, but some of them are so full of themselves! What about the typical Club Dude, sans shirt, and covered with tattoos? I can usually spot them long before they saunter over, so cock-sure and into themselves.

I decided to go out and track some of them down, and display the pics here. I had fun doing it, so expect a similar entry in the near future. One place I went is a popular beach-type club, typically laggy but ripe with egotistical beach dudes. A lot of them just stand there, as if they expect to get hit on themselves. Exhibit one:



This dude was NEAR the dance floor, dancing by himself. Maybe he was happy with that, I don't know. He never bothered me, but he probably wondered why I was just standing there, as well. Check out the tribal tats. What's up with those baggy pantaloons though? Are huge baggy pants the next SL trend? I wonder if his mother lets him dress like that in RL.


LOL... OK, on to the next victim. This one was standing in nearly the same spot, apparently waiting for something to happen. Again, the tribal tattoos. Wonder what tribe this guy is from. Not TOO extreme, I'll admit, but are some girls actually attracted to this look? Hmmm... maybe the tattooed girls with the kitty ears and the horse tails and the spikey boots. When I left, he was STILL waiting:




BTW, anyone who thinks these guys are HOT should feel free to reply here, likewise if you are "offended" that I am poking fun at them. Remember, it's only a game! Let's try not to get our virtual panties in a knot!

Next up: At least this guy is wearing a shirt... or is it a jacket? Yes, a leather bikers jacket, with baggy shorts (so that his leg tats will show). Spikes, piercings, dressed in black; all dressed up with nowhere to go, and nothing to say. Is it his first try, or is this something he always does and one way or another it works for him? Who knows; I didn't ask, either.




I have a few more to show here. These next three, I have to give credit; at least they were dancing with someone. Shown here anyway for your entertainment:

Another Big Pants guy. I spoke with him briefly, and he was actually quite nice. He was having a great time spinning around and doing his thing... but those pants!




Having fun and doing his thing with his Honey on the dance floor, complete with the obligatory tribal tats:




This one I included just for the tats, but he DOES look the way someone would look at the beach. Nothing wrong with that:




Now THIS dude, bless his heart, was trying soooo hard to look cool, but his collar prim was out of wack. I thought about telling him, but nah... Hey, no tats, and he's wearing a shirt! Bonus points for him!




I saved this one for last because, well, he seemed to be the consummate shirtless tattoed club stud. "Somone" he asked me to call him, and yes, he agreed to be in my blog. Oh, and such a sweetheart! A smooooth talker, laid back... this dude knows what he's doing. Notice that his belt is already undone, and his boots are ready to be kicked off... And NO, I did not go home with him!

Somone:



Hummmm....

No comments: