Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Maitreya New Releases, June '09

If you belong to the Maitreya Update Group, you already know about the new releases which came out a couple days ago. Just knowing about them wasn't good enough for me though; I had to go and have a look.


Limo to Maitreya Isle


New items include a couple different styles of jeans, some denim shorts (NICE ones, not your garden-variety stripper-style cut-offs... ) with cuffs, a line of sarong tops which will go well with this lovely summer weather we're having, and some very nice racer-back tank tops.

Now please bear in mind that I am not given these items for free provided that I post a favorable review; quite the contrary. I buy all my stuff, and while I will not buy EVERYTHING just so I can write a review, I will buy whichever items suit my fancy, and I will give an honest report on them. It's MY blog, and I can say whatever I want, right? Well, RIGHT?? Of course I can. Who is going to stop me, the SL Police? Ha.

ANYway, I did pick out a few items. I bought one pair of the skinny jeans with prim cuffs just to see how they were. My intention was to NOT use the prim cuffs, as attaching them would have replaced the top straps on my Stiletto Moodys. Instead, I chose to wear mine sans cuffs, Jamie style. I must say, they are well done. I chose a basic blue (shade #6 if you must know), but I may have to go back and get a couple more for my ever-expanding jeans collection.



These have a nice fit, and a realistic texture, of which several variations are available. There are a few layer choices, as well as versions for use with the included prim roll-up cuffs and without. Here is a close-up of the leg detail, showing the nicely done seams and the natural looking wrinkles, precluding a stiff, painted-on appearance:



What am I standing on, you ask? Those are concrete "tide breakers," also known as tetrahedrons, commonly used to prevent shoreline erosion. The surf splashing up through these is quite spectacular, and YES, I did get a bit wet on this shoot!


I also picked up a pair of the denim shorts, in "Vintage Blue," of all things. OK, so I am a traditionalist. Too boring for you? Sorry; find another blog to read then.

As I said before, these shorts are refreshing in that they are not the ultra short items that we seem to have an over-abundance of here in SL. These are what you might wear in RL (unless you are a stripper or a Playboy model, in which case it's not likely that you need to live vicariously through Second Life anyway), and they would seem to go well with just about any warm weather top you might have handy. They are just NICE. Reasonable. SENSIBLE. I like them a lot, and will likely soon go back for a few more colors.



Oh, yes... the top. That's the new Racer Back Tank. I love this one, and I bought it in five different colors. True, they have a fat-pack for sale, but all I wanted were those five shades. All layers are included, which is so thoughtful of them. It shows that they know the needs of their clients. Don't you just hate it when you buy a nice, say, tube top, only to find that it is only supplied with a jacket layer? To me, this shows either the lack of understanding for what the consumer needs, or (hopefully not) a lazy, non-caring attitude toward the end user. Maitreya has clearly done their homework in this regard, and the quality of their products speaks for itself.

Here is a back view of the top. This is a nice change from the standard tank top or cami, adding a bit more variety to your wardrobe:



The material itself has a subdued ribbed cotton texture to it, adding to the realism. Again, I love these tops. (Hmmm... maybe I SHOULD have bought the fat pack)

One thing is for certain though: Summer has arrived. We've spent the winter dieting and working out (right?), and we're ready for it. Time to lose those sweaters and boots and get out in the Sun! Why not start off the season right with a new look, and let everyone wonder who that REAL-looking girl is!

'Til next time...

Jamie :)

No comments: